world's largest archive of social and political science data
- CPANDA (Cultural Policy and the Arts National Data Archive)
Making the Government data stores available to researchers to perform their own analysis.
UNC-CH database to search across many different data depositories.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S.
comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States. (The government site ended in 2012)
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics brings together data from more than 100 sources about many aspects of criminal justice in the United States. These data are displayed in over 1,000 tables.
statistics from more than 100 government agencies
Current & Historical Censuses
- Census Bureau
collector of the nation's demographic and economic data.
part of the Census Bureau that displays population numbers from the 1990 Census, Census 2000, and the latest Population Estimates data, as well as selected links to tables and maps showing population data.
- Historical Statistics of the U.S. Source for statistical facts of American history.
Local/Mecklenburg County, NC
Neighborhood Quality of Life Dashboard
evaluates social, crime, physical, and economic conditions in Charlotte's neighborhoods. designed to help assess the health of neighborhoods in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County.
- Charlotte Regional Indicators
major public source for the information needed to inform positive change affecting quality of life issues within the 14-county Charlotte region.
Property ownership and land records information system (GIS records for Mecklenburg County)
NC/SC State Statistics
consortium of agencies cooperating with the US Bureau of the Census to provide the public with data about North Carolina and its component geographic areas.
- LINC - Login to North Carolina
The most valuable Web resource for NC statistical data. Over 1300 data items from state and federal agencies. Historical data and projections, 1960s to 2030.
- SC Statistical Abstract
Contains economic, demographic, and social data produced by a variety of state and federal agencies.